Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beige Alive Oscillator

Most recent on my radar is Red Dead Redemption. Its a sequel to Rockstars 2004 Red Dead Revolver.  At least I believe its a sequel. Could be a prequel, or a 're-imagining'. I passed on the first game. I explain in a previous post why I often do such foolish things. So anyway check this out.



Look Good? I think so. I especially like the red red krovvy. Real horrorshow. Or more seriously, the animations look good. I suspect this is due to the euphoria engine, also utilized by Rockstar in GTA IV. Character animation is high up on my list of what makes a game good. Its right after jaunty hats, and before epilepsy warnings. Of the three outfits featured in the video I'd be inclined to vote for the Expert Hunter outfit. The hunting looks to be an entertaining distraction from the main game. I'd never hunt in real life though. I eat meat, and I love it. I'd just prefer not to shoot my meal in the face, if its at all avoidable. And where I live, it is avoidable. Yet some here still like hunting. I just don't see the point. I can't see how pumping 12oz of buckshot into bambi's mother gets good.
Some say it makes hunters feel like men. Well, I have testicles. Those make me feel like a man. And women hunt too. And I have clearly forgotten what I was talking about. Oh that's right, insomnia. No, Red Dead Redemption. I don't believe I have anymore left to say. I tend not dig too deep into games I've found an interest in, to avoid subsequent spoilage. So what else? My WKC preorder did not arrive at my preferred EB today. 'Perhaps tomorrow' they said. It's getting hammered on metacritic, but as of this writing its meager score is based on a mere four reviews. 69 shouldn't be considered meager but nowadays it is. I have some thoughts on this but I'll share them some other time. For now I'll end with this not so interesting tidbit. I wanted to title this with a colour that rhymed just like the title of the game. However I could not think of a colour that rhymed with alive, or any synonym of alive. And despite what you've heard on the streets, purple does not rhyme with extant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy card

xxbig_bossxx