Monday, February 1, 2010

White Knight Chronicles killed my Bioshock

White Knight Chronicles finally releases here in NA tomorrow. I say finally because its been out in Japan for over a year and on my radar or more than two. The graphics seem a bit dated now after Uncharted and Demons Souls but I care not. Still excited for a JRPG on my PS3. The last one I played was Folklore, if that can even be considered a JRPG. I loved that game. I stayed away from Valkryia Chronicles because, well, I'm a pussy, and strategic rpg's frighten me. Anyway, here's my problem. I mistakenly thought Bioshock 2 was releasing tomorrow, the 2nd of February, and for some reason I believed WKC was releasing in March. Bioshock it turns out is releasing  on February 9th. This fucks up my well planned schedule. Boishock was supposed to lead me into Heavy Rain which would lead me into God of War which would lead me into WKC. There are other games that may or may not have peppered there way across that landscape but those were the mainstays. But now Bioshock is out. Its funny because just a few days ago I read an article on N4G that discussed the possibility of PS3 gamers passing on Bioshock 2. At the time I thought it was absurd, seeing how I enjoyed the first so much. And now here I am, a PS3 gamer, passing on Bioshock 2. It may find its way into my hands sometime down the road but more often is the case that a game I intend to play eventually never gets played. Other games burst from the pipeline, new information breeds hype for the future, and I forget. There is vague knowledge of games from months past, somewhere in my brain, that I know I wanted to play, but are impossible to recall. What was that Jack Black, Tim Schafer game? Brutal Legend ( thanks, google! ) I think I wanted to play that. I liked Psychonauts. But then I think, well, if I can barely recall the game, how much did I want to play it? And it seems Bioshock 2 may fall into that pit of apathy. I'll miss out, and probably be worse off for doing so, if it lives up to or surpasses the first. Well, we'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy card

xxbig_bossxx